Practical work activities
The project work represents an opportunity for participants to put into practice the management and leadership skills acquired throughout the programme and to enjoy direct interaction with leading companies. Each project is supervised by a professor. Participants are free to tailor their project to meet their future professional needs. The choice of project type may include:
Consulting project is an excellent opportunity to put into practice the range of skills and knowledge you have acquired throughout the programme. It also provide an invaluable opportunity to extend your consulting experience and to collaborate directly with both national and international organisations. The focus of the consulting project should be on performance improvement and involve strategic management issues and/or organisational changes, preferably with an international approach.
* Launching a new product on international markets
* Developing an existing product in new markets on an international scale
* Conducting a global survey on gender diversity with recommendations
* Re-positioning a start-up, revising of the business plan, identifying access to capital
* Developing a comprehensive mobile offering for B2B clients worldwide
* Exploring alternatives to current organizational structure in investment banking
If you want to deepen your knowledge in one particular field, you can opt for a research-based project, leading to a MIB thesis. The subject should be in line with your career objectives and can focus on any technical or fundamental topic in business, management, leadership or finance. You work under the supervision of a UCSC Professor.
The MIB Executives’ Class boosts entrepreneurial spirit and assists participants interested in setting up their own business. This project allows you to confront your passions and ideas with the business world. The aim of entrepreneurial projects, such as drawing up a business plan, start-up or buyout, must be to evaluate the economic feasibility of a new business idea. It can be worked on individually or within a team.